9 Steps for Writing the Quality Content for your website
Writing the quality contents is the real challenge for every blogger because the first time visitor is going to visit your website consequently if and only if you have good quality of contents. I have seen most of the newbies spending their time in decorating their website with lots of gadgets, fancy colors. Always remember friends, design is not only the thing to attract the audience. Of course, design is also an important factor to get the visitors but that alone can’t help. Will you buy a car which is good looking in the exterior but has no Engine? You won’t, because for a car the engine is the most important thing and for a bog/website the content is the most important thing. So it’s time to stop decorating and focusing on the content writing.
I have tried my level best to make this post evergreen, so that even after years if anyone is reading will get benefitted. I have covered some basic and must follow sections of content writing here.
9 Must follow tips for effective and quality content writing:
- Decide the topic/concept/main idea: I hope the title itself is giving the explanation. This is the first and foremost thing to be considered for writing the quality content. Don’t just pick any topic and write something on that. Choose a topic that matches and supports the theme of your website. For example if you are taking health tips as your niche, you should write about health tips and not about the Politics. Always have a habit of reading a lot related to your domain. Find the websites which are similar to yours and do some research on them. Approach your similar websites with the below strategy:
- What are the topics they have covered?
- Analyze what could be done better? By doing this you will get some ideas to improve your site.
- Do a research on your similar sites comments section. The end users of any product will expect quality. This is applicable for websites also. The readers love to read the good quality content and if you incorporate their suggestions in your writing then no one can stop you from writing quality contents.
- Don’t divert the topic: The next step to add your Facebook like box in your website is to add the below piece of code. Feeling confused? Why this guy is writing about Facebook like box now. There is a reason. You will get the lost feeling when the topic is diverted and when this happens, user will get irritated and leave your website for sure. So never ever divert your topic and your audience. Try to stick around the topic you write.
- Make it readable: I have seen many websites using yellow background and white fonts. Is this visible? The only thing that your reader will get is eye strain. Always use white background and black text at-least for the content area.
- Decide the tone: I prefer writing as if I were narrating. I believe that this tone will engage my audience and make them feel that I am talking to them.
- Introduce the main idea soon: If you write three paragraphs on introduction without introducing the main idea, the reader will get annoyed and will leave your website. So I suggest not creating too much hype as if you were introducing a super hero. Bring the concept as soon as possible.
- Make a neat Alignment: Rather than writing everything in paragraph. Try to give the content using points if it is needed.
By doing so, the reader will get a clear picture of what you are trying to convey without much efforts.
- Usage of Word Editors: If you are using notepad to create your contents, you can’t get rid of the typographical errors. Use Microsoft Word or some good word editors to create your content as they have built in spell check and grammar check. Pay attention to the suggestions given by your word editor and rephrase your sentences accordingly. Even most of the pro bloggers are making grammatical and spelling mistakes. This will reduce the impression of your website.
- Edit your post after Writing: Even professional writers can’t write great posts in the first draft. You may have missed any errors during the drafting. So it is better to read the post thrice after drafting and correct if any errors are there. Don’t involve in styling the content during the course of drafting because you may forget the ideas that you intended to write. So better make the styles after finishing the draft. Always keep the habit of making hints in a sticky note or in a notepad. This will help you remember the main ideas.
- Make the habit of giving credits: If you are using someone else’s content then better give a credit to them. This will make your readers think that you are a genuine guy. “Internet is a vast ocean who is going to find me copying?” if this is your thought then you are taking a risk of losing your readers. It will create a negative impression over you and your site among the readers and they will never visit your site again. Even if you escape from your audience, Google has lots of algorithms to find the copy cats.
Creating a quality content is not an easy task but if practiced it is not a difficult one. So keep practicing and keep writing good contents. The above mentioned are my view points. Why can’t you add your valuable suggestion to write a great content in the comment section? Contact us for writing great contents for your website at a minimal low cost.